Got 20 minutes? Yah, me too! Whip up this delicious and nutritious 20-Minute Healthy Tomato Bisque Soup made with seasonal ingredients and creamy Greek yogurt!
Talk about a sexy soup.
Am I right or am I right?
The one thing that I have been looking forward to doing this winter/fall is using my new blender for soup purposes! I can’t believe that I have never owned a blender until this summer. LIFE CHANGING. Making pureed soup is SO EASY and SO NECESSARY during the cold months. Seriously- this soup is the best!
Want to know something funny? Linley and I have to Google what the word “bisque “meant 😛 We were trying to decide if this was a normal tomato basil or a bisque. Apparently bisque refers to cream in soup 🙂 #youlearnsomethingneweveryday
We actually didn’t use any cream in this recipe at all. We substituted Greek yogurt in order to get the same creaminess. It added great flavor. The tartness of the yogurt brings out all of the sweet flavors in the tomatoes. WINNING.
What’s tomato soup without the grilled cheese?
Remember my Brie and Smashed Blackberry Grilled Cheese from years ago? We made ourselves a few of those to go with a bowl of soup. Perfect lunch if you ask me.
One thing to note- don’t throw your grilled cheese on the burner and then walk away and come back like 10 minutes later. You will char the shit out of the bread 😛 Not that that happened or anything…
I’m pretty proud of the presentation of this soup.
How to get the perfect swirl? Mix some Greek yogurt with a little bit of water and you’ve got yourself some gold. Then add some fresh basil and homemade bacon bits. You WILL NOT REGRET IT ONE BIT.
20-Minute Tomato Bisque Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Dice 1 small yellow onion and add to the pot, add with 2 full cloves of garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Place content of the pot into a high-speed blender. Then, add salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, basil leaves, and chicken broth. Process on high for 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Transfer the contents of the blender back into the pot and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt. Stir.
- Serve with additional Greek yogurt on top, fresh basil, and homemade bacon bits.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 5
- Protein: 3
If you’re looking for some good bacon.
Lin and I can’t get over how good Trader Joe’s Thick Cut XXX is. SO GOOD.