Put a healthy, creative twist on classic chicken salad by using a Greek yogurt and peanut butter base with tons of crunchy veggies and peanuts. This Thai Peanut Chicken Salad is a great meal-prep recipe!
It’s been meal prep mania in the Fit Foodie Kitchen over the past few weeks. Both Linley and I have been in and out with travels so meal prep has been more important than ever! I feel you…it’s not fun walking off a plane after a full day of travel and jumping right into the kitchen. But let me tell you…the next morning it’s THE BEST FEELING EVER. Plus- you are setting yourself up for success all week long!
Today we are partnering with Planters again (my favorite peanut brand) for this delicious Thai Peanut Chicken Salad. It is a very meal prep friendly recipe and so versatile…just my kind of recipe!
Just look how colorful the ingredients are in this recipe! Makes my heart happy to be eating the rainbow in one meal because let me tell you, it’s not easy for me to eat enough veggies in a single day. It’s what I struggle with most when it comes to food. Let’s check out the lineup of this chicken salad…MY OTHER VIDEOS
- chicken breast
- purple cabbage
- red pepper
- green onion
Don’t skimp on the peanuts people. They’re the best part 🙂 In this recipe, I used Planters Lightly Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts. They add the perfect amount of salt to where you don’t need to add much more (if anything!) to the sauce. Peanuts are a great source of essential nutrients, contain healthy fats, and have 7g of protein per serving. YAS PLEASE.
If you are all about DIY recipes…you could even use your homemade peanut butter in the sauce! Check out FFF’s tutorial on how to make peanut butter —> HERE.
If you are a texture person…this salad is for you! It’s so crunchy and satisfying not to mention higher in protein and lower in carbs. WOOT. There are also a million and one ways to serve this bad boy…
- On toast
- On top of greens
- In a wrap
- In a lettuce/cabbage wedge
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
For the Salad
- 4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
For the Sauce
- First, place chicken breast in a slow cooker, cover, and turn the setting to high. Cook for 1.5 hours.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside
- When chicken breast is done cooking, use two forks to shred. Place in a food storage container and let cool. Once cooled, mix with other salad ingredients.
- Next, pour sauce mixture onto the chicken salad and mix until evenly combined.
- Serve over greens, on top of toast, in a lettuce wrap, etc. The options are endless.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 57
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 25
This post is sponsored by Planters Peanuts (I LOVE PEANUTS). I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!