Make yourself this AMAZING lightened-up restaurant-style Spinach and Artichoke Dip for a healthy snack or appetizer year round!
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
I am beyond excited to be partnering with Wasa for this incredible healthy snacking and apping-inspired Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
I am sure you’ve seen Wasa on the shelf before at your local grocery store.
Wasa crackers are wholesome crackers that are satisfying and nutritious due to their simple, quality ingredients (we are talking 3 ingredients or less) – no trans fats, whole grain rye flour, a valuable source of carbohydrates and protein. Team Fit Foodie is all about snacking healthy and that doesn’t change during the summer months. We are moving a mile a minute during the summer and it is always nice to have healthy options for entertaining and healthy snacks-on-hand.MY OTHER VIDEOS
This Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my pride and joy recipes so far this summer. It is an appetizer, meal, and snack all in one–3 for 1, people. Whether you are looking to bring something delicious to a party or if you’re looking for a healthy veggie-packed snack throughout the week–this Spinach Artichoke Dip is a dream. You will knock people’s socks off if you bring this delicious appetizer to your next BBQ and cook it up in a tin foil boat on the grill (yeah, it’s amazing). If you’re lucky, there will be left overs that you can separate into meal-prep containers for healthy snack paired with Wasa Crackers throughout the week.
I find that when I am getting ready for a busy week, meal-prep always helps calm me down. I try to meal prep three or four recipes on Sundays that will make meals and snacking easier throughout the week. However, I don’t believe you have to sacrifice flavor for convenience [enter Spinach Artichoke Dip]. I do tend to sway towards dips and hummuses for my snack-prep throughout the week, which means I definitely need to have Wasa Crackers on hand for that CRUNCH aspect of my snack.
I’m the type of person who doesn’t feel satisfied if there is no crunch involved. If I am looking for a little something to tide me over until lunch or dinner, pairing anything with Wasa Crackers leaves me feeling satisfied without feeling guilty. Crunch = Life. There will be NO snack or meal-prep regret if you go pair Wasa with any of your favorite cheeses, dips or hummuses.
So, go ahead and make your life a little bit easier by prepping this Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip for a snack next week or by bringing it to share with friends to your next get together!
Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Wasa Crisp’n Light 7 Grain Crackers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 artichoke hearts, canned and roughly chopped
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, plain
- 4 oz. 1/3 fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place artichoke hearts, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, salt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese into a medium size bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive in a pan over medium/high heat. Add garlic and spinach and sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and add to cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Transfer dip into a small casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes (or until it begins to bubble). Remove and top with an additional 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Broil on high for around 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve with Wasa Crisp’n Light 7 Grain Crackers.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 448
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 13
This post is sponsored by Wasa. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!
You guys, there is a Wasa Sweepstakes going on right now and you have a chance to win some awesome prizes! All you have to do is comment on THIS POST before 6/23 for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- A grand prize of two tickets to Wanderlust 108 in Nashville, TN plus accommodations
- 4 runners up will win a Wasa prize pack
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDT”) on 6/5/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on 6/23/17. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of one of the 50 United States or D.C. who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. (1) Grand Prize valued at up to $4,500 and (5) Runner Up Prizes each valued at $40 will be awarded. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes subject to complete Official Rules available HERE