These Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs are the ultimate healthy meal-prep recipe. They are high-protein, low-carb, and full of amazing thai curry flavor!
What is up mis amigos! I am coming at you right now from sunny Colorado and I don’t want to leave…ever. I do want to share my favorite recipe from the new Healthy Glow Guide Meal Plan with you. You guys know we have a mad love for curry over here at Fit Foodie HQ so we thought we’d make an extra special recipe for the HGG…Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs!
Meatballs + curry…does it get much better than this?
These chicken meatballs have a hidden veggie in them, shredded sweet taters, and are soaked is an epic coconut green curry sauce with tons of veggies. How could this be healthy is right. That is one thing Monique and I agree on over and over again…that healthy food CAN taste good and SHOULD taste good. It’s pretty much the mindset we had when developing all 75+ recipes for our new meal plan. I’m going to let the photos from week 5 in the plan do the talking 🙂
Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat or gluten free oat flour
- 1 small sweet potato, grated (~1/2 cup, squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the curry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1/2 tablespoon green dragon or hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil).
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Then, using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out mixture and mold into a ball with your hands. It works best if your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (you don’t want them to be fully cooked). Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Sauté vegetables for 2 minutes. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 17
And because I love FFF readers so much, we are having a flash sale that only lasts 24 hours! You get 10$ off any product or bundle! Use the code: Flash10FFF at checkout! This deal expires on Monday at 10AM CST.
This post was originally seen on The Healthy Glow Collective.