This 30-Minute Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious.
Soups on soups, on soups! I am sure everywhere you look there is a delicious looking soup recipe. With fall comes delicious roasted vegetables, apple cider, and SOUP. Whether you are a soup in the fall, or all year round kind of a person, this 30-Minute Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is a must make this fall.
Lee and I have been obsessed with everything squash this fall. Don’t worry, sweet potatoes are still lee’s go-to hearty vegetable, but I could be swayed. Among all of the different kinds of squash, I have to say that butternut squash is my favorite. I love all of the different ways you can cook it up. You can roast it (read more about that HERE) and use it as a side dish or for an easy meal-prep vegetable throughout the week. It is also super easy to prepare pureed butternut squash and leave it in your fridge! Using butternut squash puree in baked goods or having it on hand for soup is so helpful.
Today’s 30-Minute Butternut Squash recipe is my all time favorite soup right now. You throw everything you need for the soup onto a baking sheet, add coconut milk, and blend. It really is as simple as that! Get yourself a warm and crunchy piece of bread and you are ready for the easiest and perfect fall meal!MY OTHER VIDEOS
30-Minute Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- 1 large butternut squash, halved
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 jalepeños
- 1 shallot
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 (15 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 leaves fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- First, preheat the oven to 400º and prepare a baking sheet by wiping it with olive oil.
- Next, cut a butternut squash in half hot dog style. remove seeds and place on pan.
- Bake squash for 30 minutes, remove from oven and add garlic, onion, and jalapeno to the pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, scoop out squash and place it in a large pot with all of the other ingredients from the baking sheet.
- Next, add chicken broth, coconut milk, fresh sage, nutmeg, and apple cider vinegar to the pot. Use an emulsifier to blend all of the ingredients together.*
- Bring soup to a boil and then turn heat to low. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
* If you don’t have an emulsifier place all ingredients in a food processor, blend, and then put it into a large pot.