Whether you are looking for a holiday appetizer, meal-prep for the week, or a game-day treat, these Healthy Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatballs are perfect for every occasion!
Hi, it’s Linley.
When you think of a classic appetizer that is at every holiday or game day celebration, what comes to mind?
How many crockpot meatballs have you eaten as a holiday appetizer? Whether you are a bbq meatball person or a traditional Swedish meatball lover, we can all agree that they are a staple during the holidays.
We have a handful of different meatball recipes on FFF like our Red Coconut Curry Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice and Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs and you guys have made those over and over again. For good reason, they are DELICIOUS. I do have to say I am in love with everything kung pao, so those meatballs will always have a special place in my heart. However, when we developed this Healthy Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatball recipe, I fell a little bit more in love.
The sweet and savory mixture of the herbs and balsamic are a serious taste-bud pleaser. Even better, these meatballs are ready in 30-minutes or less! Mix them up, brown them a bit on the stove, add the balsamic, let the balsamic reduce, and you’ve got yourself some delicious meatballs. The day we made these bad boys we added them to our bowl for lunch and HOLY SMOKES, they were to die for. Not only are these meatballs a great appetizer, but you can make them for dinner and have them as a great meal-prep option for the week. We loved them in a buddha bowl, but they would be delicious tossed with some sauteed vegetables and pasta! These are some pretty versatile meatballs, don’t you think?!
Now, add them to your MUST MAKE list.
Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat a castiron skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil.
- Then, place beef, egg, breadcrumbs, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix together so that everything is fully combined.
- Use a tablespoon scoop to form meatballs in your palms. Then, place on heated cast iron skillet and repeat until meat mixture is gone.
- Use tongs to turn meatballs until all sides have browned. Add balsamic vinegar and turn heat down to medium.
- Let meatballs cook in the balsamic vinegar for 6-9 minutes, rotating meatballs every couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve as an appetizer or for dinner!
Make sure you don’t overcook your meatballs or they will become tough.