This decadent spiced coconut hot chocolate is made with full-fat coconut milk, a mixture of warm spices, and maple syrup. It’s both vegan and paleo-friendly, perfect for the health-minded people out there!
VIDEO: Decadent Spiced Coconut Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz. dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make it dirty: 1 cup strong brewed coffee*
- Place coconut milk, almond milk, and dark chocolate in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium/high. Then, use a whisk to constantly stir until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to whisk until hot chocolate begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with a sugar in the raw-rimmed glass.
*During step 2, add in a cup of strong brewed coffee in order to make this recipe “dirty” AKA caffeinated.
- Serving Size: 1 cup