- -1/4 large onion, finely diced
- -2 tsp EVOO
- -2 tsp minced garlic
- -2 cups white or brown rice
- -1/2 cup frozen peas
- -4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- -1 cup parmesan cheese
- -salt/pepper to taste
- -2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- -OPTIONAL 2: 1 pureed sweet potato
- In a large sauce pan, heat about 2 teaspoons of minced garlic in 2 teaspoons EVOO over medium/high heat. Then, add in finely diced onions and sautee for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add in 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover for about 15ish minutes (or longer for brown rice), or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add in frozen peas, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper (to taste). Stir and finish cooking until all liquid is absorbed.
- At this point, you have the option to add in 1 cup of pureed sweet potatoes or serve as is!
- Serving Size: ~1 cup cooked rice