- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium (or tamari/coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 large carrot, grated (for garnish)
- radishes, sliced (for garnish)
- package of mini romaine heads (or any kind of lettuce)
- First, prep veggies by finely dicing mushrooms, red pepper, and yellow onion. Set aside.
- Next, brown meat by sautéing over medium/high heat in about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of minced garlic. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon more of olive oil and sauté veggies until onions are translucent.
- Pour meat back into pan and then add in soy sauce, maple syrup, chili paste, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice and sauté until everything is combined.
- Serve on baby romaine leaves and garnish with grated carrots and sliced radishes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 309 Sugar: 9 Sodium: 391 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 18 Fiber: 5 Protein: 25
Keywords: lettuce wraps