- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette*
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2.5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Begin by preparing this balsamic vinaigrette and then set aside. Option to use whatever vinaigrette you have on hand, but we love our homemade balsamic.
- Next, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful, pine nuts can turn from brown to burnt very quickly, so keep an eye on them. Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- Add arugula, red onion, blueberries, tomatoes, cherries, goat cheese crumbles, and pine nuts into a large bowl and toss all of the ingredients together.
- Finally, drizzle dressing onto the salad, one tablespoon at a time. Continue to add one tablespoon of dressing until salad is dressed as desired.**
Tips & Notes
- If you make our entire homemade balsamic vinaigrette, you will have leftover dressing! It will last up to 7 days in the refrigerator!
- If you are not serving right away, refrain from dressing your salad until serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 173 Sugar: 14 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 21 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Category: SaladMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: American