If you are looking for a healthy vegan pasta recipe or a fun recipe to serve at a dinner party, these vegan pasta recipes are just for you.
Whip up one of these healthy vegan dinner recipes and you will be one happy camper. We have pulled together some of the tastiest, healthiest, and meatless pastas around town!
No Meat, No Problem!
I love entertaining. House warming parties, holidays, birthday parties, you name it, I’ll host it. I love spending time with the people I love in my space and I absolutely love feeding people.
I love that food brings people together for every single occasion, happy or sad, big or small. Food is always involved.
I was hosting a girls weekend for some of my oldest friends recently. Some of us eat meat, some of the ladies have had to learn how to be celiac moms, and some of them have been dipping their toes into the vegan lifestyle.
I know what you’re thinking “what the heck did you serve for dinner?”. Luckily, we had just tested our Vegan Pasta Bake with White Wine Sauce and I was inspired.
Vegan Pasta Sauce
We have seen a huge influx of people searching for vegan recipes on FFF. Not only has my friend group started to check out the vegan lifestyle, but so have YOU. Everyone is all about our vegan cheese sauce recipe lately and we too have caught the vegan cheese sauce itch.
I ended up making a delicious white wine pasta sauce recipe, threw it over gluten free pasta, and tossed in tasty roasted vegetables. IT WAS SO GOOD.
Everyone was full and happy. If you have been trying to add more meatless dishes to your weekly menu or if you have some questions about vegan pasta, get ready. We’re going to take a deeper dive into everything vegan pasta recipes right MEOW.
Vegan Pasta Recipes Q & A
Is white wine vegan?
Some white wine is vegan and some white wine is not. Traditionally, all wine is filtered through a fining agent to remove and filter certain things from the wine. Usually, that fining agent is made from an animal byproduct.
Luckily, there are wine brands out there that have figured out how to do the filtering process with different material!
Can vegans eat pasta?
YES, vegans can eat pasta! However, not all pasta’s on the market are vegan. Make sure to check labels and ingredient lists of any pasta you are thinking about purchasing. Some great vegan pasta brands are Brandless, Banza, and Jovial.
Do I use roasted cashews or raw cashews for vegan cheese sauce?
Traditionally, raw cashews are used for vegan pasta sauce. However, I have good news for you. YOU CAN USE BOTH roasted cashews or raw cashews.
It does depend on your personal preference on flavor. Roasted cashews tend to leave a little bit of a smokier or sweeter flavor depending on what roasted cashew you use.
The good thing is that the texture of the vegan pasta sauce does not change. It comes out creamy and thick no matter what type of cashew you use!
How to Make Vegan Pasta Sauce
Where do you even start when contemplating a vegan pasta recipe for dinner? It is a lot easier than you think. You do have to plan a little bit ahead, but having your pantry stocked with vegan pasta pantry staples makes life a little easier.
Here are some tips and tricks to figure out as you decide what vegan pasta recipe to make for dinner!
vegan pasta sauce base?
There are so many options when considering a base for your vegan pasta sauce. Generally, we go for a cashew cream sauce + nutritional yeast base because it is flipping amazing.
We love the consistency that the cashews give the pasta sauce and if you’re going for an earthier or “cheesy” flavor, nutritional yeast will be your best friend. Below are other vegan pasta sauce base options!
- Sweet Potato
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Almond Milk Roux
- Butternut Squash
Don’t forget your veggies!
We love blending veggies into our vegan pasta sauce as well as mixing roasted vegetables into our vegan pasta recipes. For this white wine vegan pasta sauce recipe, we roasted a whole head of garlic.
OH EM GEE. The roasted garlic gives this pasta sauce an amazing flavor! If you are planning to blend any veggies into the vegan pasta sauce all you have to do is cook them before pureeing them.
You can roast, steam or Instant Pot any of your vegetables and you are all set to puree!
It’s all about your food processor.
I always say you know when you’re adult if you have two things:
- A Dish Washer
- A Vitamix
When it comes to making a vegan pasta sauce, it’s all about the blender you use. I used to have a super low powered mini Cuisinart and I tried to make our Vegan Queso and it was an absolute flop.
You absolutely need a blender or food processor that can pulverize cashews and veggies into a creamy delicious sauce. Our two recommendations would be a Vitamix or a Cuisinart High Powered Blender. Go ahead and invest in one of these amazing tools!
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup Whole Raw or Roasted Cashews
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Next, place cashews into a large bowl and pour boiled water over the cashews. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare head of garlic by chopping off one end and placing on a piece of tin foil. Generously drizzle with olive oil and then wrap with the tin foil, removing as much air as possible. Roast at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
- Next, prepare the rest of the white wine pasta sauce by placing 1 cup of dry white wine and 1/2 chopped white onion in a small saucepan. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Then, turn to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until it reduces by half.
- Next, transfer white wine and onion mixture into a high-speed blender. Once roasted garlic is done cooking, remove it from the tin foil and squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the high-speed blender.
- Add the rest of the white wine pasta sauce ingredients and blend on high for at least 60 seconds or until pureed.
- Pour over your favorite pasta or grain!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 265 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 93 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Keywords: vegan pasta sauce
More Vegan Pasta Recipes
Here it is, folks. The best vegan pasta recipes around town. Try one at a time and eventually you will find your favorite recipe and it will become a staple! And? Don’t forget to have fun!
- Creamy Vegan Asparagus Pasta by Fit Foodie Finds
- Creamy Tomato Basil Vegan Pasta by Fit Foodie Finds
- Garden Summer Pasta by Fit Foodie Finds
- Vegan Avocado Mac and Cheese by Fit Foodie Finds
- Rainbow Asian Noodle Salad by Fit Foodie Finds
- Creamy Vegan Pasta with Sauteed Kale and Tomatoes by Fit Foodie Finds
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad with Cashew Vegan Pesto by Fit Foodie Finds
- Super Simple Vegan Mac and Cheese by Fit Foodie Finds
- Vegan Pad Thai with Healthy Peanut Sauce by Fit Foodie Finds
- Vegan Pasta Bake with White Wine Sauce by Fit Foodie Finds
- How to Make Vegan Cheese Sauce by Fit Foodie Finds
- White Wine Pasta Sauce Recipes by Fit Foodie Finds
- Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta by Choosing Chia
- Protein Packed Thai Pasta Salad by Catching Seeds
- Vegan Butter Garlic Noodles with Toasted Breadcrumbs by This Savory Vegan
- Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce by Vegan Huggs
- Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto Spaghetti by Ahead of Thyme
- Vegan One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta by Yup It’s Vegan
- Quick and Easy Basil Avocado Pasta by Nourish Your Glow
- Vegan Tomato Basil Cream Pasta by Amy Le Creations
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce by Vegan Heaven
- Vegan One Pot Pasta by Sun Kissed Kitchen
- Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni by Rabbit and wolves
- One Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Lentil Pasta by Tedi Sarah
- Vegan Garlic Alfredo with Asparagus and Peas by I Love Vegan
- Vegan Spicy Kale and Romesco Pasta by Rabbit and Wolves
- Vegan Mushroom Pasta with Spinach by Bianca Zapatka
- Instant Pot Vegan Spaghetti by Nora Cooks
- Vegan Creamy Chipolte Pasta by Doras Table
- One Pot Pasta by Vegan Heaven
- Vegan Lasane with Lentils and Spinach Pesto by Rebel Recipes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by V Nutrition and Wellness
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Linguinie with Fried Sage by Cookie and Kate
- Vegan Pesto by Loving It Vegan
- Fast and Easy Vegan Carbonara by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
- Vegan Eggplant Lasagna by From My Bowl
- Pasta with Easy Cashew Lemon Sauce by Colorful Kitchen
- Vegan Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese by Chasing Chia