- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup Whole Raw or Roasted Cashews
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Next, place cashews into a large bowl and pour boiled water over the cashews. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare head of garlic by chopping off one end and placing on a piece of tin foil. Generously drizzle with olive oil and then wrap with the tin foil, removing as much air as possible. Roast at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
- Next, prepare the rest of the white wine pasta sauce by placing 1 cup of dry white wine and 1/2 chopped white onion in a small saucepan. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Then, turn to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until it reduces by half.
- Next, transfer white wine and onion mixture into a high-speed blender. Once roasted garlic is done cooking, remove it from the tin foil and squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the high-speed blender.
- Add the rest of the white wine pasta sauce ingredients and blend on high for at least 60 seconds or until pureed.
- Pour over your favorite pasta or grain!
Serving Size: 1/4 Calories: 265 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 93 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Category: DinnerMethod: Stove TopCuisine: Vegan