We have created four easy vegan meal prep meals with the same base of 5 ingredients to make your vegan meal prep for the week a breeze! These vegan meal prep recipes are easy to prep and even easier on your wallet. Check out these vegan meal prep recipe ideas that are all made with a base of the same 5 ingredients: sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, red onion, garlic, and quinoa.
All About Vegan Meal Prep
There are so many delicious vegan recipes out there on the internet. It is both fun and incredibly daunting to search for vegan recipes that you can whip together easily without buying a thousand different ingredients that you may only use once or twice. Ya know? Though we do not follow a strict vegan diet on FFF, we have so many delicious vegan recipes on our site and we just love developing vegan recipes!
One of our main goals here on Fit Foodie Finds is creating recipes that are approachable and delicious. For this post specifically, we wanted to make vegan meal prep accessible to everyone. Sometimes the vegan diet gets a bad rap for being too expensive and confusing. We wanted to develop four vegan recipes that highlight five affordable and approachable ingredients to make vegan meal prep easy and budget-friendly for the week! What are the five ingredients we worked with? Let’s get started!
Quick Links – 4 Easy Vegan Recipes
- Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Vegan Pad Thai with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos
Only 5 Ingredients
All four recipes are developed around sweet potatoes, red onion, garlic, quinoa, and garbanzo beans because these are four vegan ingredients that we tend to have in our pantry or fridge the majority of the time anyway. Each recipe we developed has these five key ingredients that are supported by other accessible vegan ingredients to create delicious and easy meals! We wanted to be sure that these healthy vegan recipes…
- had minimal waste when it comes to the ingredients
- were approachable to people from all walks of life and financial situations
- had easy recipes to follow and were not too elaborate
- tasted amazing regardless of the simplicity of the recipe
Now, before we chat through the four specific recipes that we developed, let’s chat about a couple other important variables when it comes to vegan meal prep. Any guesses? That’s right, meal prep essentials and meal prep pantry staples. Though the vegan recipes we developed are easy-peasy, nothing makes meal prep easier than having the right tools. We talk about this in our Meal Prep Kitchen Essentials post (check out the post for more specific details), but we thought we’d give you a quick run through of tools and pantry staples we keep in our homes for easy meal prep!
Vegan Meal Prep Tools
Below are our favorite meal prep tools. The four vegan recipes that we highlight in this post do not use all of the tools below, but we like to keep them on hand for easy meal prep for the week! The four healthy vegan recipes we highlight use a casserole dish, pots and pans, baking sheet, and a castiron skillet!
- Instant Pot
- Pots and Pans
- Baking Sheet
- Casserole Dish
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Slow Cooker
- Prep Naturals Meal Prep Containers
- Stasher Bags
Vegan Meal Prep Pantry Staples
You know what makes meal prep easy? Having a pantry that is stocked with ingredients that you use often in meals that you make often! There is nothing better than getting ready to make a meal and having everything already in your pantry! Quinoa, garbanzo beans, onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes are our all-star ingredients for this vegan meal prep post, but the rest of the ingredients in this list are great to have on hand, too.
- Garbanzo Beans
- Red Onion
- Sweet Potatoes
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Black Beans
- Brown Rice
- Nutritional Yeast
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Noodles
There you have it. We hope you to enjoy meal prepping these healthy vegan recipes as much as we did. Remember, all of these recipes are created to be approachable and easy. However, if you want to make any substitutions to make these recipes your own, go for it! As always, please let us know what your favorite meal prep vegan recipe is in the comments below!
4 Vegan Meals Video
Meal prep your way into the new year with this amazingly colorful Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe! This vegan meal is packed with delicious plant-based ingredients such as roasted sweet potato, quinoa tabouli, and a homemade hummus making it high in protein, fiber, and veggies!
This healthy Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole is packed with creamy vegan cheese, broccoli florets and quinoa, and topped with crispy chickpeas. Does it get any better? And it can be baked in under an hour. Dinner is served!
This Vegan Pad Thai with Thai Peanut Sauce packs a punch with colorful veggies including sweet potato noodles, red peppers, pea pods, red onions and tossed with a delicious Thai peanut sauce. Top with toasted quinoa and you’re off to enjoy a delicious vegan meal!
Make dinner easy tonight with these delicious vegan sweet potato tacos! No meat? No problem! The flavors in these vegan tacos are vibrant and will leave your taste buds tingling.
The Best Vegan Recipes on FFF
- How to Make Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Quinoa Tabouli Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Vegan Curry
- Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- Vegan Instant Pot Chili
- Creamy Tomato Basil Vegan Pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and de-cased
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large sweet potato
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup of water of water and 1/2 cup of quinoa into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, turn to low, let simmer until all water has evaporated and quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet and heat over medium/high heat.
- Next, prepare your sweet potato hash browns by grating your sweet potato with a cheese grater. You’ll want to use a medium grate for this. Set grated sweet potato aside.
- When olive oil is fragrant add onion and garbanzo beans to the pan. Season with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and cook over medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the pan as well as the garlic and sweet potato and mix well. Let cook over medium/high heat for 5-7 minutes or until sweet potatoes are browned.
- Finally, add cooked quinoa to your sweet potato hash and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce!