- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and de-cased
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large sweet potato
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup of water of water and 1/2 cup of quinoa into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, turn to low, let simmer until all water has evaporated and quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet and heat over medium/high heat.
- Next, prepare your sweet potato hash browns by grating your sweet potato with a cheese grater. You’ll want to use a medium grate for this. Set grated sweet potato aside.
- When olive oil is fragrant add onion and garbanzo beans to the pan. Season with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and cook over medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the pan as well as the garlic and sweet potato and mix well. Let cook over medium/high heat for 5-7 minutes or until sweet potatoes are browned.
- Finally, add cooked quinoa to your sweet potato hash and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce!
Serving Size: 1/4
Category: BreakfastMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American