- 1 lb. ground meat, any kind (OR omit for vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 15-oz. cans of beans, any kind, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup broth, any kind (or water)
For the slow cooker:
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and mix.
- Cover and let cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8.
For the stove top:
- Place olive oil in a large pot and turn to medium/high heat.
- Then, add in ground meat and saute until fully cooked.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Homemade chili seasoning: option to replace all spices with 1/4 cup of homemade chili seasoning.
- Nutrition information includes 1 lb. ground turkey, 2 cans of black beans, and is for 8 servings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 251 Sugar: 6 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 10 Protein: 20
Keywords: best easy chili recipe