- First, prepare sauce by whisking together tamari, honey, sriracha, and minced garlic.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a slow cooker and then pour sauce on top.
- Set slow cooker to high heat and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours OR set slow cooker to low heat and cook for 6-8 hours (recommended).
- Once your chicken is easily shreddable, remove from slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred the chicken breast.
- Before placing shredded chicken back into slow cooker, thicken the sauce by adding in 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add shredded chicken back into sauce and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- To make in the Instant Pot: Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) into your Instant Pot and close. Turn the vent to seal. Turn your Instant Pot to manual ‘high’ and set the timer for 10 minutes (for 2-3 large chicken breasts) or 13 minutes (for 1 extra large chicken breast). It will take some time for your Instant Pot to build pressure, but eventually, it will start counting down. Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, quick release. Open Instant Pot and remove chicken breasts. Add 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until dissolved. Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Place chicken back in sauce and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe has been modified from its original publication date.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 231 Sugar: 25 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Keywords: honey sriracha chicken