- 1 cup packed basil leaves, fresh (~20–22 fresh basil leaves)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor.
- Proces on high for about 60 seconds. Make sure not to overprocess as some grittiness is great for the texture of pesto.
- If your pesto is too thick, add more olive oil by the teaspoon.
Tips & Notes
- Makes about 1/3 cup pesto
- This recipe was updated on June 17th, 2021.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: ~2 tablespoons Calories: 145 Sugar: 0 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Keywords: pesto, pesto recipe