Not all my recipes turn out “gorgeously.” But- that doesn’t mean they don’t taste good!
Like this Baked Berry French Toast.
Things accidentally got a little out of control after I didn’t bake it long enough in the oven and decided to stick it in the microwave to finish cooking.
I call this true art.
Here are a few photos before I realized it wasn’t cooked all the way. I should have stuck it back in the oven- but I was really hungry at the time ;)
This just goes to show that you can pretty much turn anything into beauty. And- it really only matters what’s on the inside (like the fact this breakfast was delicious even though it looks a little bit chaotic ;) )
I used this recipe from Anytime Health, but cut it in half to make a single serving. I also used berries instead of banana. For a gluten free version- just use gluten free bread!
Berry French Toast Bake
- 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread (or gluten free bread)
- 2 eggs, large
- ~1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup berries
- Toppings: peanut butter and sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- First, slice bread into 1-inch squares. Then, evenly spread bread and berries onto baking dish.
- Next, whisk 2 eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Then, pour on top of bread. Use your fingers to submerge bread into egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve hot with peanut butter and sliced amonds
Serving Size: | 250 calories | 12g fat [3g saturated fat] | 21g carbs | 20g protein
That is all.