- 1.5 lbs. Good & Gather all-natural boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3-4 medium chicken breasts)*
- 2 Good & Gather organic, cage-free large eggs
- 1 cup Good & Gather finely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Good & Gather plain breadcrumbs (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup Good & Gather marinara sauce
- Good & Gather olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Good & Gather olive oil (if using “baked” method)
- Serving suggestions: spaghetti and fresh parsley
- First, prepare chicken breast by placing them on a large cutting board and covering them with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Use a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken to 1/2-inch thick.
- Next, whisk 2 eggs in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices in another medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Dip the chicken breast into the egg mixture, making sure it’s fully coated. Then dip the chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure both sides are coated. Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Preheat air fryer to 375ºF and spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, place one chicken breast on top of the air fryer basket and spray the top of the chicken with nonstick cooking spray. You will likely only be able to fit one chicken breast in your air fryer at a time, but if you can fit 2 without them touching, feel free to cook 2 at a time.
- Air fry chicken breasts for 6 minutes. Then, flip the chicken breast over and top with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Air fry for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165ºF.
- Serve immediately over spaghetti with freshly ground pepper and fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium/high heat. Sear chicken breast for 2-3 minutes on each side to brown them and then place the entire skillet into the oven and bake at 375ºF for 10 minutes. You may need to do this part in batches depending on how big your pan is.
- Remove chicken from the oven and top each breast with around 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese. Remove chicken breast from the oven, check to see that the internal temperature is 165ºF, and serve immediately over spaghetti with freshly ground pepper and fresh parsley.
Tips & Notes
- Chicken breasts – some chicken breasts can be rather large. If you buy 2 chicken breasts that equal 1.5 lbs., we suggest cutting them in half before tenderizing.
- Nutrition information does not include pasta.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 381 Sugar: 1 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 62
Keywords: air fryer chicken parmesan