- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk (any kind of milk works)
- 2 black tea bags (chai tea also works)
- 2 teaspoons homemade chai spice
- 1– 2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- optional: 2 shots espresso (to make it dirty)
- Place almond milk, tea bags, maple syrup, and chai spices into a small sauce pan and whisk.
- Next, bring to a boil over medium/high heat and immediately remove from heat.
- Let the tea seep for at least 3 minutes or longer if you would like it stronger.
- Remove tea bags and pour the whole mixture through a fine sieve into a mug (if you don’t have a sieve just be sure to not pour the sediment at the bottom of the pot into the mug).
- If drinking hot, serve immediately. If you’d like an iced chai tea latte, let the mixture cool for around 10 minutes. Then, pour it over a large glass of ice.
Tips & Notes
- Recipe method was updated on October 19th, 2020.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 49 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 181 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Keywords: Chai tea latte, chai tea latte recipe