- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia)
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Begin by melting coconut manna (coconut butter) in the microwave. Microwave for 15 seconds at a time and stir until drippy. Note that sometimes coconut butter can seize up, so be extra careful when melting. When it’s drippy, it’s ready to go and doesn’t need to be heated anymore. Measure out 2/3 cup of melted coconut manna and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warmed maple syrup to the melted coconut manna and mix until combined. Adding warm syrup is key because the coconut manna will seize up if you add a cold temperature to it.
- Then, using a 1/2 tablespoon scooper, scoop a heaping 1/2 tablespoon into each of the 12 muffin cups. Use your spoon to smooth out so that they are even and then place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- While the first layer is freezing, make the chocolate layer. Mix together melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- Then, remove muffin tin from freezer and scoop a teaspoon of the chocolate layer on top of the coconut.
- Place a raw almond on top of each cup and then sprinkle on shredded coconut and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until firm.
Tips & Notes
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Coconut manna is tricky! Make sure that you work quickly and that when mixing other things with it, they are all about the same temperature. Our favorite brand of coconut manna is Nature’s Way.
- Substitute the maple syrup with a 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia to make these cups keto-friendly!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 fat bomb Calories: 169 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 6 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 3 Protein: 2
Keywords: almond joy, fat bomb