- 3 lb. small chicken wings (often found in the frozen section)
- 1/2 cup homemade dry rub for chicken (you’ll need to make 2 batches)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or cover with tin foil. Set aside.
- Next, remove thawed chicken wings from the refrigerator and use a paper towel and pat chicken wings to draw out excess moisture. Taking extra moisture out of the chicken wings will help them crisp up. Set chicken wings aside.
- Prepare our homemade chicken dry rub by placing all of the spices into a medium-sized bowl and mix. This recipe calls for around 1/2 cup of dry rub which is 2 batches of our homemade dry rub.
- Now it’s time to coat the chicken wings. Take one chicken wing and dip it into the dry rub mixture, making sure the wing is completely covered on both sides. Place the wing on the greased baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken wings are completely covered in dry rub.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken wings (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) and place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken wings and bake for an additional 15 minutes*.
- Remove from the oven and serve with this homemade blue cheese dressing!
Tips & Notes
- Bake time: our chicken wings were on the smaller side. You may need to continue baking depending on how large your chicken wings are.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 325 Sugar: 1 Fat: 24 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25
Category: AppetizerMethod: OvenCuisine: American