- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 4 Apple Chicken Sausages, fully cooked
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Next, prep veggies by peeling and dicing sweet potatoes, chopping onion, and shredding brussels sprouts. Place veggies in the casserole dish and add in olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Toss the veggies until everything is fully coated by olive oil.
- Add quinoa, broth, and vinegar to the casserole dish and mix well.
- Cover casserole dish with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- While casserole is baking, add all ingredients for the dressing into a jar. Close tight and shake until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Remove from oven and place sliced chicken sausage on top of the casserole. Turn oven to broil and broil for 2-4 minutes (making sure to watch it closely).*
- Remove from oven and add dressing. Mix well and serve.
Tips & Notes
*If you don’t have a top broiler in your oven, brown sausages in a fry-pan and then place on casserole after you remove the casserole from the oven after the first 40 minutes.