- 5 medium Gala apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice (option to sub water or lemon juice)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (any kind of flour will work!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (option to use coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (option to use coconut oil or half and half)
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a cake pan (or any casserole dish) with nonstick cooking spray. We used a casserole dish.
- Then, prep apples by peeling and dicing into small pieces. Then transfer them to the bottom of the casserole dish and pour in orange juice and sprinkle on four. Toss and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together crumble topping. Place rolled oats, white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then, add in a stick of softened butter and use a fork (or your hands) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms little crumbles.
- Evenly spread crumble topping over the apples in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 375ºF for 40 minutes or until the apple filling begins to bubble, the apples are at the desired consistency, and the crumble topping begins to brown.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 287 Sugar: 35 Fat: 4 Fiber: 7 Protein: 5
Keywords: apple crisp