- 1.5 cups rolled oats, lightly pulverized (or quick-cooking oats)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup finely diced fresh apples, + more for topping (~1 medium gala apple)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Then, place wet ingredients (minus the melted coconut oil) into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix again. Finally, add in melted coconut oil and mix one more time. Your batter should be thinner than normal cookie dough and similar to a thick oatmeal.
- Next, use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the baking sheet. Use your hands to flatten cookies as they will not expand much while baking. Place diced fresh apple on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-16 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the bottoms begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- Before serving, dust cookies with ground cinnamon.
Serving Size: 1/20
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American