- 2 4-oz. apple sauce cups, frozen*
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any kind of milk)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First, freeze 2 4-oz. applesauce cups for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, run the applesauce cups under hot water for a few seconds to remove from the plastic. Then place into a high-speed blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cover.
- Blend on high for around a minute or until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- frozen applesauce: if you are using homemade applesauce, we suggest freezing in an ice cube tray. One frozen, you can transfer the applesauce cubes into a freezer-safe glass container or gallon-size bag for later.
Keywords: apple smoothie