- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 piece of bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons caramelized onions
- First, toss arugula with 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut an English muffin in half and toast. Set aside.
- Next, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, crack an egg into pan and cover. Let cook for 3-6 minutes depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
- Assemble your sandwich by laying a slice of cheddar cheese on one half of the english muffin, followed by a piece of bacon, caramelized onions, and then arugula. Carefully place the fried egg on top of the arugula. Top with the other half of your english muffin and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1