- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium carrots, diced
- 8 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon green curry paste (or red)
- 2 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon fresh ground lemongrass
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- 8 oz. Japanese-style ramen noodles
- Soft boiled egg
- Heat a large pot over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add carrots, celery, and onion to the pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper to the pot and saute veggies for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste, ginger, and lemongrass to the pot and whisk everything together until combined.
- Finally, place chicken breast into the pot and make sure it is submerged into the liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, prepare ramen noodles by following the instructions on the package.
- When ramen noodles are done cooking, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Remove chicken breast from the pot, shred it, and add it right back into the pot.
- Add lime slices and green onions to the soup.
- If serving the soup immediately, add ramen noodles to the pot, bring soup to another boil, and then serve.
- If meal prepping the soup or eating it later, store ramen noodles separate from the soup and combine the soup and noodles right before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 recipe Calories: 355 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 833 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 3 Protein: 20
Keywords: asian chicken noodle soup