- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. chopped asparagus
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF. Then generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium/high heat. When olive oil is fragrant, add yellow onion. Saute for around 3 minutes. Then, add mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 3 minutes. Then add asparagus and saute for another 3 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- After the veggies have been cooked, spoon in around 1-2 tablespoons of veggies into each muffin. You should fill each cup around 1/2 full.
- Next, fill each muffin with the egg mixture around 2/3 of the way full. Then, separate out around 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe was slightly updated on February 19, 2020.
Serving Size: 1/12 Calories: 76 Sugar: 1 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 1 Fiber: 1 Protein: 4
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: American