- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. spaghetti pasta (any kind!)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of thawed, precooked jumbo shrimp
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan*
- Begin by heating a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add in asparagus and garlic. Saute veggies until onion is translucent and asparagus is cooked, but not mushy. About 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables in to a separate bowl.
- Next, bring 4 quarts a water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, 7-11 minutes. When pasta is almost done, add frozen peas to the boiling water and let boil for an additional minute.
- Strain pasta and peas in a colander and set aside.
- Finally, heat butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in the same saute pan as before. When olive oil is fragrant, add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute and add the rest of the vegetables to the pan. Mix the shrimp and veggies together, cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and toss the pasta and peas with the vegetables and shrimp. Add lemon zest, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper (if needed).
Tips & Notes
- Parmesan is not included in nutrition information
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 473 Sugar: 9 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 43 Fiber: 5 Protein: 35
Keywords: shrimp scampi recipe