- 3 large ripe avocados (room temperature)
- 6 medium eggs*
- optional toppings
- First, preheat oven to 425ºF and spray 2 loaf pans* with nonstick cooking spray. 3 avocado halves will fit perfectly into 1 loaf pan.
- Next, slice 3 large avocados in half (hotdog style) and remove the pits.
- Then, remove 1 tablespoon to 1.5 tablespoons of flesh from each half, making sure to go wide, not deep. The reason for this is so that more egg can fit in each avocado half. Make sure not to waste the flesh. We recommend eating it 😀
- Place avocado halves inside loaf pan, lining them up next to each other so they don’t wiggle. Then, crack an egg into each half. Some egg white might spill over the top, that is okay! We found that medium-sized eggs worked best and large/jumbo were too big.
- Season the tops of your eggs with salt and pepper.
- Then, bake at 425ºF for 18-22 minutes or until your eggs reach the desired consistency.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- eggs: large eggs will work too, but you might have some overflow egg white.
- loaf pan: loaf pans seemed to work perfectly in order to keep the avocado halves stable so the egg doesn’t tip out. If you only have 1 loaf pan, just do 2 rounds of baking.
Serving Size: 1/6
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: American