- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8–12 pieces bacon (medium cut)*
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place a wire rack on top and set it aside.
- Combine all of the spices into a small bowl and mix.
- Then, season each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of chicken seasoning, making sure to get both sides. Save the remaining spices for later.
- Next, wrap each chicken breast with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon depending on how big they are. Start at one end and move to the other. Transfer each bacon wrapped chicken breast to the wire rack.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken breasts with the remaining seasoning.
- Bake chicken breasts at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Then, turn the heat up to 450ºF and bake for 5-10 more until the bacon is crispy. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165ºF and the bacon should be fully cooked.
Tips & Notes
- Bacon: make sure NOT to use thick-cut bacon or it will not crisp up like it you want it to.
- Sweet and Savory: for a sweet and savory flavor, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each chicken breast before baking.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 322 Sugar: 2 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 35
Keywords: bacon wrapped chicken, bacon wrapped chicken breast