- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon (10–12 strips)
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Then, place the uncooked bacon on top of wire rack making sure they are not touching. Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare green beans. Rinse and pat dry. Then, snip the ends off of your green beans.
- Optional extra step for greener green beans: bring a large pot of water to a boil, then blanch green beans for 1 minute. Remove from heat and strain. This step will prevent your green beans from losing color. However, it does require another pot and more time. Note: we did NOT do this step for our photos.
- Place green beans in a large bowl and then top with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, rosemary, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine everything.
- Once the bacon has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside. Using the same baking sheet, use a piece of paper towel to spread out the bacon grease to grease the pan.
- Then, lay a piece of bacon on the baking sheet and place 8-10 green beans on top. Roll the bacon up, securing the green beans bundle. Repeat until all bacon is gone. You will likely have lots of leftover herbs and cheese. Don’t throw that away! Sprinkle every last bit on top of the green beans.
- Bake bacon-wrapped green beans for around 20 minutes at 400ºF or until the bacon is cooked and browned.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 bacon wrapped bundle Calories: 109 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 366 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 4 Fiber: 1 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 17
Keywords: bacon wrapped green beans