- 12 jalapeños, seeded
- 6 pieces of thick-cut bacon, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, slice the tops off of your jalapeños and remove seeds. Give the inside of the jalapeños a rinse to remove any and all seeds. **DO NOT TOUCH EYES! Set aside.
- Place ground beef, onion, garlic powder, and cumin into a large skillet and brown. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until the beef is cooked all the way through. Take off of heat and use a paper towel to remove some of the excess grease.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon ground beef mixture into the inside of the jalapeños. Use your fingers to push beef all the way down to the bottom of the jalapeño. Repeat until all are filled.
- Wrap the jalapeños with 1/2 slice of thick-cut bacon and place on baking sheet. Season with ground pepper.
- Bake at 400ºF for about 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/12