- 6 bagels, halved (any kind!)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Begin by hollowing out the bagel halves by using your fingers to gently pull out the soft part of the bagel. The goal is to hollow out the bagel only leaving the crust of the bagel. Be careful not to create holes in the crust of the bagel. Repeat until all bagels have been hollowed out. Set bagel halves aside for later.
- Next, whisk eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place bagel halves on the greased baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons of ham and 1 tablespoon of onion to each bagel half.
- Now it’s time to add the egg mixture to the bagels. Do this by using a 1/4 cup scoop and slowly add the egg mixture to each bagel half. The bagel halves with soak up the first 1/4 cup of egg mixture similar to a sponge. Wait a minute for this to happen and then go around and fill each bagel half again until egg mixture is gone.*
- Finallly sprinkle cheddar cheese and/or cream cheese over the top of the bagel halves.
- Place the bagels into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Tips & Notes
- *Egg mixture may leak out of the bagel halves and that’s ok! If there is a hole in any of the bagel halves, plug the holes with the innards of the bagel halves from step #2 of the instructions. This will help prevent the egg mixture from leaking.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 246 Sugar: 3 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 2 Protein: 16
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: ham and cheese quiche