- 20 pitted Medjool dates*
- 2.5 cups unblanched almond meal
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- First, prepare Medjool dates, by removing their pits.
- Then, place Medjool dates and the rest of the ingredients into a high-speed food processor.
- Process on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides. A dough should form and it should be slightly sticky but should easily hold shape when you roll it into a ball.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Next, place 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut into a small bowl.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut, pressing the coconut shreds into the dough to form a “snowball.” Repeat until all balls are covered.
- Eat immediately or freeze for later.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on November 11, 2019.
- Medjool dates: make sure that the dates you are using are soft and easily malleable.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/18 Calories: 164 Sugar: 19 Fat: 7 Fiber: 4 Protein: 3
Keywords: Pumpkin Gingerbread Energy Balls