In under 30 minutes, you can have this healthy Baked Coconut Shrimp made with no added sugar, ready to go! Pair it with a delicious and fresh homemade chili mango dipping sauce for the perfect finger food the whole family will devour.
Get excited for this recipe, people! Today I am thrilled to be partnering with ALDI for this delicious healthy coconut shrimp recipe. I first started shopping at ALDI back when I was in college (10 years ago OMG). I remember it as the affordable grocery store near campus that sold really high-quality food and had amazing deals. Lucky for all of us, this is still true today, woo! If you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area there are…get ready for this…25 different ALDI locations to choose from. 25!
In today’s recipe, I am featuring two different ALDI products– Sea Queen Frozen Medium Cooked Shrimp and the Ambiano Professional Nutrition Blender. Friends, if you are in the market for a new nutrition blender, the Ambiano is the best I’ve ever used. It’s super powerful and the size of the cups are perfect for smoothies, sauces, dips, dressings, you name it! When I say powerful, I mean it pureed my soaked cashews for our Creamy Vegan Pasta in NO TIME. Guess how much it retails for? $39.99! And it goes on sale March 14!
Anyways, I’m excited to tell you more about this delicious recipe.
The star ingredient for this baked coconut shrimp recipe is…SHRIMP! Shrimp is one of those foods that I just love so much, but don’t eat nearly enough of. ALDI Sea Queen Frozen Cooked Shrimp comes in multiple sizes, medium, large, and jumbo. In this recipe, we used the medium size, but any of them will work! What I love about ALDI shrimp (and seafood) is that they partner with the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership and the Global Aquaculture Alliance to source sustainable seafood wherever possible. ALDI aims to buy all its fish and shellfish products from responsibly-managed fisheries and farms that have minimal impacts on the marine environment.
I CAN GET DOWN WITH THAT.
This recipe might look intimidating, but it’s really not! It’ll take you less than 30 minutes to make, too.
Here’s What You Need
- Sea Queen Frozen Medium Cooked Shrimp
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- Lemon Zest
- SimplyNature Organic Eggs
We paired this baked shrimp with an easy mango chili sauce made in the Ambiano Professional Nutrition Blender. For this recipe, you need 4 simple ingredients: fresh mango, coconut cream, chili sauce, and honey! Easy as pie.
Baked Coconut Shrimp with Chili Mango Dipping Sauce
Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 12 oz. Sea Queen Frozen Medium Cooked Shrimp
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest + more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large SimplyNature Organic Eggs
- fresh parsley for garnish
- cracked pepper for garnish
Chili Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 large mango 1/2 cup chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- First, thaw shrimp, turn your oven to high broil and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place coconut, bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, lemon zest, and salt into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Dip thawed shrimp into the egg wash and then place in coconut mixture and toss until coated. Transfer onto the baking sheet and repeat until all shrimp have been coated.
- Before placing in the oven, spray shrimp with cooking spray. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Make sure to watch your shrimp the entire time so that they do not burn!
- While your shrimp is cooling make chili mango dipping sauce.
- Place the flesh of 1/2 a mango, coconut cream, chili paste, and honey into your Ambiano Professional Nutrition Blender and blend until smooth. Transfer into a small bowl.
- Garnish shrimp with fresh parsley, lemon zest, and cracked pepper before eating!
Tips & Notes
- Coconut cream is the thick portion of a can of full-fat coconut milk.
- Nutrition information is for coconut shrimp only.
As always, if you make this recipe show us on social media by tagging #FitFoodieFinds and #ALDILove.
This post is sponsored by ALDI. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and making this website possible!