Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 12 oz. Sea Queen Frozen Medium Cooked Shrimp
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest + more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large SimplyNature Organic Eggs
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- cracked pepper, for garnish
Chili Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 large mango (1/2 cup chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- First, thaw shrimp, turn your oven to high broil and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place coconut, bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, lemon zest, and salt into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Dip thawed shrimp into the egg wash and then place in coconut mixture and toss until coated. Transfer onto the baking sheet and repeat until all shrimp have been coated.
- Before placing in the oven, spray shrimp with cooking spray. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Make sure to watch your shrimp the entire time so that they do not burn!
- While your shrimp is cooling make chili mango dipping sauce.
- Place the flesh of 1/2 a mango, coconut cream, chili paste, and honey into your Ambiano Professional Nutrition Blender and blend until smooth. Transfer into a small bowl.
- Garnish shrimp with fresh parsley, lemon zest, and cracked pepper before eating!
Tips & Notes
- Coconut cream is the thick portion of a can of full-fat coconut milk.
- Nutrition information is for coconut shrimp only.