- 1 lb. fresh cod
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 small lime, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 1-tablespoon pads
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1.5 cups shredded kale, deboned
- 1/2 medium red onion, slice
- 1 cups sliced radishes
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbles
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- pinch salt
- 8 flour street taco tortillas
- fresh lime juice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and generously spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, remove fish from the refrigerator and then use a paper towel to remove excess moisture by blotting from the fish.
- Next, place the fish into the baking dish and generously sprinkle both sides of the fish with cajun seasoning. Be sure the entire fish is covered in seasoning.
- Place lime slices and pads of butter on top of the fish and bake code at 400ºF for 12-16 minutes (bake time varies on the thickness of the fish).
- While the fish is in the oven, prepare the coleslaw and the lime crema.
- For the coleslaw. Place all ingredients for the coleslaw into a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together and place the bowl into the refrigerator for later.
- For the crema. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and place into the refrigerator for later.
- Finally, remove the fish from the oven. The fish is done when it flakes apart easily with a fork and is firm to the touch compared to raw fish. If it’s not quite done, put it back in and monitor it every few minutes.
- Use two forks to carefully break the fish up into larger chunks (not shredded).
- Finally, assemble tacos. Evenly distribute the fish, coleslaw, and creama into small tortillas.
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lime juice and more cotija cheese, to taste.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 412 Sugar: 4 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 5 Protein: 23
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: fish taco recipe