- 6 large russet potatoes (~3/4 – 1 lb. each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- First, preheat the oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then scrub potatoes under warm water and pat them dry. Use a fork to pierce each potato 8-10 times. This will help prevent them from exploding in the oven.
- Next, rub each potato with olive oil and then generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching. Roast at 425ºF for 45-60 minutes. Flip potatoes every 20 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of the potato. You know your potatoes are done when you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Let the potatoes cool for around 10 minutes before slicing down the middle and using a fork to mash and fluff.
- Serve baked potatoes with your favorite toppings such as butter, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Cook time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 312 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 212 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 67 Fiber: 5 Protein: 8
Keywords: baked potato, how to bake a potato