- 1 large sweet potato (cut into 1/8 – 1/4 inch fries)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse sea salt, for topping
- First, preheat the oven to 425ºF and spray a standard-size baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prep your sweet potato by slicing it into 1/4-inch fries. The key is to get all of your fries around the same thickness so that they cook evenly. You have the option to peel your sweet potatoes before you slice them, but we prefer skin-on.
- Place the sweet potato fries on the baking sheet. Then, combine corn starch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture onto the sweet potato fries and then toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Drizzle on about 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and toss again.
- Then, spread sweet potato fries out evenly on the pan, making sure they are not touching each other or overlapping. This part is important because it will allow each fry to get as crispy as possible!
- Bake fries at 425ºF for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and carefully flip each fry over with tongs and place back in the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven again and flip one more time and roast for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Once fries are nice and crispy, season them with coarse sea salt and eat them immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 83 Sugar: 1 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Category: SideMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: baked sweet potato fries