- 4 large sweet potatoes*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, prepare sweet potatoes by thoroughly washing under cold water. Then, pat dry. Use a fork to puncture 6-8 holes into each potato. This will help prevent them from exploding in the oven.
- Next, rub each potato with olive oil and then generously season with salt and pepper. If you are using these sweet potatoes to make sweet potato puree, no need to season.
- Place sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching. Roast at 425ºF for 45-60 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of the potato. You know your sweet potatoes are done when you can easily pierce them with a fork. If you are planning to make sweet potato puree, we suggest cooking them a little bit longer so you can easily puree it.
Tips & Notes
- Sweet potato size: this recipe calls for large sweet potatoes. Note that if you use a smaller potato, you bake time will vary.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 potato Calories: 183 Sugar: 12 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 37 Fiber: 6 Protein: 4
Keywords: baked sweet potato recipe, how to bake sweet potatoes