I’ve never made an “on-purpose” paleo recipe…but I was surfing Pinterest like I do most days and came across a fabulous looking paleo muffin recipe on the blog Chocolate and Carrots. I couldn’t believe how fluffy they looked even though they are grain free, so I had to try the recipe out myself!
I made a different version…Banana Chip. I swapped out the pineapple chunks for banana and pineapple juice unsweetened almond milk.
The recipe called for 4 eggs, so I am sure that’s what helped with the puffiness. It also said to fill the muffins all the way to the top (instead of 3/4 of the way), which was a really good idea. What I like about this recipe is the minimal amount of ingredients and the fact that every ingredient used was clean. There are no refined sugars and no refined grains (no grains used at all). Couldn’t be happier!
I do have to confess. I used dark chocolate chips in this recipe instead of dairy-free, but if you use dairy free chocolate chips…paleo it is for all you hardcore paleo eaters out there.
Paleo Banana Chip Muffins (gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo)
- 2 3/4 cup almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk-free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips if you aren’t paleo sensitive)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with 10 cupcake liners. Then, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, start off by mashing your banana. Then, add in the rest of ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop muffin mixture into muffin tin, filling each cup all the way to the top. You should get exactly 10 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top begins to turn golden brown.
On this weekends agenda
- Sleep- I am SO behind on sleep it is almost uncomfortable. You know that feeling when you wake up and you feel drunk/woozy? That’s been me the past week. Must catch up this weekend!
- Recipe Creation- I want to do a few recipes this weekend because I have a feeling next week is going to be BUSAY. It’s my last full week of work before I go down to part time at Anytime Fitness, but work has been really busy lately.
- Use my dehydrator- I bough a big basket of apples the other weekend, and I’ve been meaning to slice them up and dehydrate them. Such a delicious yummy snack
- Workout/Yoga- I want to get in 2 really solid workouts and maybe 1 or 2 vinyasa classes. Because I was so tired this week, I really didn’t workout at all. I just taught my normal yoga sculpt classes (and only did about 50% of the class).
It’s so crazy that next week is my last full week of work. It still hasn’t hit me that I “quit my job” last week. Going down to just 2 days at week at Anytime Corporate will be a HUGE stress relief. I will have so much more time to put towards recipe creation for FFF and for the clients that I have been working for. I couldn’t ask for a better situation in my life right now!