Looking for an easy vegan ice cream recipe to make at home? I’d like to introduce you to Banana Nice Cream, a yummy healthy ice cream made with a frozen banana base and other add-ins!
If you’re anything like us, you LOVE ice cream. If I had a choice between all desserts, I’d almost always choose ICE CREAM. I know, ice cream is loaded with sugar and lots of time fat, but don’t you worry…we have a healthy ice cream solution for you and it’s called –> banana nice cream!
What is Banana Nice Cream?
Banana nice cream is a frozen dessert made with a frozen banana base. If you have frozen bananas and a little bit of milk (or any kind of liquid), then you can make banana nice cream!
Banana nice cream was first created as a homemade vegan ice cream recipe substitute, but even if you’re not vegan, you will still love it! The reason it’s called “nice cream” is because it mimics classic ice cream, but is better for you. It’s also sometimes called banana soft serve because if you eat it straight out of the food processor, it’s a similar consistency to soft serve.
Below we are sharing a super basic banana nice cream recipe that you can easily deviate from if you’d like to use additional frozen fruit or add-in your own flavor combinations!
Basic Banana Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups frozen banana slices ~2 large bananas
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk any kind of milk will work
- Place frozen banana slices and 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk into a high-speed food processor or blender.
- Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes stopping to scrape the sides every so often.
- If your blender is having a hard time blending the bananas, add more almond milk by the tablespoon.
- Once pureed together, your banana nice cream should be like a super thick smoothie or soft serve. Option to eat immediately or to transfer to a parchment-lined bread pan to freeze for later.
- Freeze banana nice cream for 1 to 2 hours so that it hardens enough to scoop like ice cream, but isn't too hard where you can't scoop it.
Tips & Notes
- Option to double or triple this recipe.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight glass container (covered) in the freezer. Thaw for around 30 minutes before scooping and serving.
Flavor Combination Ideas
Make this vegan ice cream your own with different flavor combinations! Start with our basic banana nice cream recipe and follow our suggested add-in/substitutions below!
- Mint Chip – add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Strawberries and Cream – substitute 1 cup frozen strawberries for 1 cup frozen bananas and use full-fat coconut milk instead of almond milk.
- Chai Spice – add 1/2 teaspoon homemade chai spice
Looking for more unique flavor combinations? Here are some of our very best banana nice cream recipe from Fit Foodie Finds. Enjoy!
This Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream recipe will make your dessert dreams come true! With only 4 ingredients, this nice cream is dairy-free, vegan and ready in under 10 minutes flat. Top with chocolate chips and serve immediately or freeze for later!
Satisfy your sweet tooth by whipping up a batch of this Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream! All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into the food processor and you’ve got yourself a protein-packed dessert in under 20 minutes!
This 4-ingredient Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream boasts the same creamy deliciousness of traditional chocolate ice cream without all those fillers. Plus, it’s dairy free, vegan, and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. Dessert is served!
Cool off this summer with this Vegan Blueberry Muffin Banana Soft-Serve. It is naturally sweetened, delicious, and made with only six ingredients!
This peanut butter cup banana soft serve is a healthy way to satisfy your ice cream craving. All you need is homemade peanut butter cups and frozen bananas!
Love cookie dough and ice cream but live a plant-based lifestyle? Try our Vegan Cookie Dough Banana Soft-Serve!
There’s nothing better than a 5-minute, single-serve dessert that is both vegan and paleo friendly. Make this Raspberry Banana Soft Serve with Chocolate Swirl for a guilt-free treat!