Dry Rub Mix
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4–5 lb. whole chicken, remove innards*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 bundle of fresh rosemary and thyme
- 1 can of light beer of your choice
- Preheat the oven or grill to 375ºF.
- Mix all ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl and then carefully massage the dry rub into every crevasse of the chicken.
- Next, drizzle chicken with olive oil and place the bundle of herbs into the chicken cavity.
- Finally, drink (if you are of age) or pour out half of your beer. Then place chicken on top of the beer can and place on the grill or in the oven.
- Cover and let cook for 1-1.5 hours, checking the temperature every 25 minutes. The chicken is done when the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- Remove from grill or oven and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
* We used a 4.3-pound chicken. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your bird.