Ooooh quinoa. I remember the days when you were $1.99/pound. Now I can’t find you for less than $5.99/pound. I knew you were too good to be true when I fell in love with you back in 2010. Just because you are expensive now and everyone wants you, doesn’t mean I will stop loving you.
It’s been a while since I posted a new quinoa salad recipe! I used to post so many back in the day. I was at Whole Foods after teaching yoga last week and found some tri-colored quinoa in the bulk section! Why yes, I’ll take a pound. I’ll also take some roasted beets and tri-colored tomatoes. So colorful and so much flavor!
Beet and Tomato Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- – 1 cup tri-color quinoa, uncooked
- – 2 cups water
- – 1 carton cherry tomatoes
- – 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- – 4 beets, steamed and cubed
- – 1/4 cup Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
- 1. Begin by cooking your 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water. I used a rice cooker and cook the quinoa on the brown rice setting. If you don’t have a rice cooker, in a medium size pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa into a tupperware container, and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least an hour.
- 2. In the mean time, prepare your veggies. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, chop green onion, and slice (skinless) steamed beats into cubes.
- 3. Then, mix quinoa and vegetables together in a large bowl and pour in 1/4 cup of Ginger Soy Vinaigrette (you can substitute for a balsamic vinaigrette). Toss.
- 4. Serve chilled.
I got this Organic Ginger Soy Vinaigrette dressing from Whole Foods a few weeks ago not know exactly what I was going to use it for, maybe salad? It was THE perfect flavor to mix into this quinoa salad.
I love this little bowl. I got it on mega sale at Anthropologie a couple weeks ago.
I had this quinoa salad for lunch yesterday and I paired it with some fruity bubbly water. I just mixed a La Croix with some fresh fruit. Yum!!
On Today’s Agenda
- Create and photograph my last August recipe for Designer Whey
- Master the Single Serve Cake
- Walk around Lake Harriet with Carly
- Teach Yoga Sculpt at 5:00PM
- Continue reading The Minimalist Baker’s Food Photography E-Course I purchased last night :)