- – 1 cup tri-color quinoa, uncooked
- – 2 cups water
- – 1 carton cherry tomatoes
- – 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- – 4 beets, steamed and cubed
- – 1/4 cup Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
- 1. Begin by cooking your 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water. I used a rice cooker and cook the quinoa on the brown rice setting. If you don’t have a rice cooker, in a medium size pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa into a tupperware container, and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least an hour.
- 2. In the mean time, prepare your veggies. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, chop green onion, and slice (skinless) steamed beats into cubes.
- 3. Then, mix quinoa and vegetables together in a large bowl and pour in 1/4 cup of Ginger Soy Vinaigrette (you can substitute for a balsamic vinaigrette). Toss.
- 4. Serve chilled.