- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2.5 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water*
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 8-inch tortillas
- 4-oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup guacamole (or avocado)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add yellow onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then add ground chicken. Saute for another 5 minutes to completely brown chicken and then add taco seasoning and water and mix. Add more water, if needed.
- Next, add green pepper and tomato and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes to slightly cook veggies. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare quesadillas by spreading cream cheese and guacamole on one side of your tortilla. Then, add 1/8 of the meat mixture to one side of each tortilla and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Fold the empty side over and press down.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in another skillet over low/medium heat. Then, fry quesadillas for a few minutes on each side to crisp up your tortillas and to melt the cheese. Repeat until all quesadillas are done.
- Top with all your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- water: option to add more water as needed to thin out meat.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 quesadilla Calories: 298 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 404 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 17 Cholesterol: 69
Keywords: chicken quesadillas