- 1 lb. chicken legs (~6 legs)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat grill to 425ºF.
- Then, prepare chicken dry rub by mixing together all of the spices in a medium bowl. You should get around 4.5 tablespoons of dry rub.
- Prep chicken legs (leave the skin on) by fully coating each leg with 1-2 teaspoons of dry rub. Use your hands to rub into each part of the leg and make sure that every part is fully coated. You may have leftover dry rub. This is okay! Store it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Spray your grill grates with nonstick cooking spray and then grill chicken legs directly on the flame at 425ºF for around 15-20 minutes or until the legs have reached 165ºF internally. Rotate the legs every 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken legs from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before eating.
Tips & Notes
- Don’t skimp on the dry rub. It’s what makes these legs crunchy and delicious!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 lb. chicken Calories: 182 Sugar: 2 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 1 Protein: 21
Keywords: grilled chicken legs, grilled chicken drumsticls