For the Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups of water
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 cups of your favorite chopped vegetables (cucumber, carrots, tomato, avocado, kale, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Once quinoa is cooked, place in a large Tupperware and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Prepare the dressing by following the directions to this Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Prepare salad, by mixing together all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Then, pour on dressing and mix again.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is without dressing and is with 1 cup cherry tomatoes and 1 cup sweet corn.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 297 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 24 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 55 Fiber: 10 Protein: 13
Keywords: quinoa salad recipes, quinoa black bean salad